City of Irvine’s Community Development department hiring Housing Manager
Irvine- The City of Irvine’s Community Development department seeks a Housing Manager to oversee housing and grant programs and other strategic projects for a nationally ranked city.
Manager of Housing
$107,536.00 – $167,564.80 Annually
City of Irvine
This position leads the City’s affordable housing and neighborhood revitalization programs. As the leader of the Housing division, this individual will manage the City’s federal, state, and local grant programs, the neighborhood reinvestment strategy, and one of the largest affordable housing portfolios in the region. The Manager also coordinates the development and implementation of an affordable housing strategy that builds on the City’s tradition of providing a full range of housing opportunities while collaborating extensively with City Council, Commissioners, City staff, housing experts, the business community, and non-profit organizations.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Leadership experience in the areas of land use, affordable housing programs, development and redevelopment, federal entitlement programs, and policy planning
- Significant experience with high-elected officials and other service providers on sensitive and controversial issues with high public visibility
- Current on trends and innovations in housing and other local/state/federal grant programs
- Proven leadership and consensus-building skills providing mentoring and training to staff
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in planning, social ecology, geography, business, or related field with at least six (6) years of advanced combined professional planning experience directly related to housing management, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
To be considered for this position, please visit http://www.cityofirvine.org/jobs by June 16th, 2021, for more information and to apply.