Los Angeles–The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (Public Health) has confirmed 25 new cases of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), which brings the total to 94 cases to date in the county.
“We are seeing a significant increase in cases and evidence of community spread as more testing occurs,” said Barbara Ferrer, PhD, MPH, MEd, Los Angeles County Public Health Director. “We are implementing more social distancing requirements and we expect everyone to do their part.”
Additional case information:
- Five cases have an unidentified source of exposure.
- One case was exposed during recent travel.
- One case had close contact with a confirmed case.
- Seventeen of these cases are pending more investigation.
- One is the case reported by the Pasadena Health Department this morning.
According to the public health, cases are occurring across LA County, and everyone should be aware and practice social distancing.