While doing research for my next book, I found a number of interesting predictions from various sources. Here are some of the highlights:
• 1 trillion sensors will be connected to the internet by 2022.
• 10% of the world’s population will be wearing clothes connected to the internet by 2022.
• The first fully 3D printed car will be in production by 2022.
• The first implantable mobile phone will become commercially available in 2025.
• A government will replace its census with big-data technologies by 2023.
• 10% of reading glasses will be connected to the internet by 2023.
• 80% of people on earth will have a digital presence online by 2023.
• The first transplant of a 3D-printed liver will occur 2024.
• More than 50% of Internet traffic to homes will be from appliances and devices by 2024.
• According to the McKinsey research: “Even the highest-paid occupations in the economy, such as financial managers, physicians, and senior executives, including CEOs, have a significant amount of activity that can be automated.”